Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 37

Anna Gray was so well-rested yesterday that she didn't even need to sleep last night ;)

It's pretty common for children who come from orphanages to be experts in self-soothing and self-stimulation. When she's tired, she shakes her head back and forth while she sucks her tongue. She did that from 1-2am. When she wakes up, she doesn't cry. She blows raspberries. Raspberries were coming like rapid fire from 2-2:30am. I finally decided to just get her up and play until she exhausted herself. After several rounds of Pat-a-cake, the macarena, and Baby Beluga (please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers that episode of Full House?)- she passed back out around 4:30. For a little while.

She's been tired and grumpy all day today, but only took one good nap. She's fought it so hard.



Poor baby. Her whole world just turned upside down. She doesn't know where she is or who I am, her food is different, her bed is different... I was would be grumpy too. We're working through it. All you need is love :)



We tried out the Baby K'tan today that my friend, Rachel, let us borrow. We were just taking the garbage out, but it was good practice. She seemed indifferent. It's a little snug, but not uncomfortable.



We watched some of the top 20 Whitney videos on MTV Europe and she danced herself to sleep in my lap :)


Our first embassy appointment is Tuesday morning, so we will take the train back to Kiev Monday night. I started on my paperwork today, blech. I am thrilled to be at this point of the process, but it stresses me out.  It's okay because the countdown is ON! I am starting to actually dream about everything I want to eat and drink when I get home. I can't wait for good coffee and I want a Dr.Pepper with cherry from Sonic! I want to eat at every resturant there is. It's going to be a LONG time before I eat pasta, rice, eggs, or porkchops again!  Not counting tonight.  Anna Gray, however, enjoyed her "Noodles with creamed sea fish and broccoli sauce". Ew. If that doesn't make her poop, I don't know what will!

1 comment:

  1. Amber If and when you come to Sonic .. It will be MY TREAT to You .. :) Seen's I work there ..... :) and If Anna can eat Ice Cream one for her too . Can't wait to met her you both are so Blessed . We are praying for you and your safe travels .Love Amy

    ReplyDelete