Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 25

I miss my husband.

We are so fortunate to have had three whole weeks together! Most couples our age, especially with kids, don't ever get that opportunity. I don't know if we've ever been together that long, for 24 hours a day, every day (and we didn't even want to kill each other!... Except that one day, but hey). Our time here reminded me so much of the first six months we were married in our little apartment. We learned more about each other (even after all this time), we made due with food and entertainment because we had to. Is it a time I want to go back to? Not necessarily. But we made the best of it (both times) and I can really appreciate the memories we've made.

I hope this part will be a memory soon too.  It's way less fun without him here.

Annie was not herself today. They had to wake her up to bring her down and I don't think she felt well.  She managed to scratch herself up pretty good too. I think they were telling me she did it in her sleep.


Look how well she's sitting up!

She was going to town on her tongue again, so I gave her the paci. She did not want to give it back this time.





Nathan said I had to wait until he left to put bows in her hair... notice she's wearing a different one in every picture haha ;)







I managed to get a few smiles out of her, but she made me work really hard for them!



I don't think she's a headband kinda girl...

When I was leaving, I saw the nannie holding her in the mirror, pointing and saying, "Anna! Anna!" - so sweet. She was also telling her she was going on an airplane with Mama soon :)




How funny is this...


{I wrote the first half of this after lunch and the second half when I got home tonight.}


Tonight, I took a taxi to Nate and Diana's house for women's Bible study.  I almost didn't go because I was afraid of getting in the taxi. Maybe that sounds silly, but I just started thinking: I have no idea where I am. This man could drop me off anywhere.

The lesson was about fear.

I don't want to share the details, but I was in a place I'd never been, with nine women I didn't know, who were speaking a language I don't speak. And I was SO supposed to be there.
(BTW- my new friend, Katya, rode home in the taxi with me.)

I will say... it was extremely humbling to be with these women, EACH of which praised GOD for the opportunity to practice their faith without fear of persecution. I doubt I'm the only American who takes that for granted. Their prayers and their praises were so simple and so... obvious. I guess I can only speak for myself, but I feel like mine can be so detailed and complicated sometimes.

And speaking of ... I just found out at 9:30 tonight that I have to move in the morning.  Tatiana isn't very happy about it and apparently the new place has "less conveniences"- I knew this whole thing had been too easy! It's going to be a late night packing and cleaning up, etc to be ready to move in the morning. And I was very comfortable walking to the store and church from here, I am not looking forward to moving to a new area and have no idea how I will get to church. I'm emotionally drained tonight.  Prayer welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Love the bows and I think the headband looks adorable!! Hang in there :) -april

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know what an inspiration your blog has been. We don't know each other but somehow it makes this whole situation even more special to me. I feel like I'm right there with your family going through this process and want you to know that there are many people out there sending up prayers for you that you will never know about. I was blessed this past summer when my nephew, Finley, was born. (I think my sister in law is even in the same DS Mommas group that you're in even though I was introduced to this blog by a co-worker.) It was a bit of a shock when we were told he has Down Syndrome but after spending lots of time with my little guy and reading A LOT of information about DS, all of my fears were erased and I was able to focus on what a little miracle this baby was and how much I love him. I also have always thought that I would adopt so reading about you and your family going through the process of adopting your daughter has been so inspirational. Honestly, words cannot even express it. So after this very long message (sorry), I really just wanted to make sure you knew that there are a lot of people you don't even know wishing you the best and very excited for you. We have even shed tears with you and thankfully they were happy tears. :) I look forward to reading your blog every single day. Your little Annie is so beautiful and I wish you and your family all the best! - Lani :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry sweetie!!! We are praying here!!! Love the bows by the way :) Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing awesome A! Keep your chin up with confidence! Lots of love and big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Amber. It's not easy, but make each day an adventure. Don't let them see your fear. :) You have tons of prayers going up for you and your family. This part will be over before you know it, and I bet you will even find yourself missing Ukraine one day (I know I do!!). Hugs to you and your little sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying....all 25 days now! I've read every day and followed your blog so diligently. You are so inspiring! Though we don't know each other very well, your in our prayers all the time! Anna is precious! I'll keep reading and keep praying! Anna is a lucky girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete