Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Provision.

I had another post written out, but I don't like it.
I'm feeling kind of panicky today about funding the adoption (maybe it's this enormous energy drink?). I don't want to feel that way and I have no reason to. God said He would provide and He will.

  • A couple of weeks ago, we needed $900 for our homestudy and $500 for translating the dossier ($1400 total). The same day, I deposited $1467 in tshirt/bottle money.

  • We rent a storage unit from a family friend. She sent a note saying to put two months rent toward the adoption (totals $130). The same day we received the note, we payed EXACTLY $130 to authenticate our dossier.

So why worry now?
HE'S GOT THIS.

Not only is God going to provide, but He's doing it in ways that glorify HIM.
We spent a significant amount of time praying about this before ever starting the process and He was very clear about that in His response.

So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them. Genesis 50:21

So, instead of the other panicky post, I'll just post some pics of proof. As a reminder to myself that He's already doing it. As a reminder to keep the faith. As a reminder that we have some amazing family and friends supporting us, praying for us, and we are not in this alone.


McAughty's- LOVE them!


Our nephew, Evan- VERY excited to meet his new cousin!


E's little sister, Catalina- she learned to say Anna Gray yesterday :) It was a complete coincidence that we were both wearing our shirts!


My dance partner! Hoping to get a pic soon of all the dancers wearing their shirts! I love my dance family!!





And I forgot to post this the other day:
The kids and I putting our dossier in the mail!


No comments:

Post a Comment