Friday, October 14, 2011

Me and God are Facebook friends.

First of all,
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

To everyone who was making phone calls, sending emails and faxed letters, etc to our Congressman (and anyone else that might be able to help) on our behalf. It means SO much to us that you would take the time to do that. We are so incredibly blessed to have friends and family fight for our girl like that. Really and truly, thank you.

Wanna hear a story about how God works? 

Two weeks ago, I wrote on my FB wall that I would be doing photo sessions to raise money for the adoption. A friend re-posted on her page. A friend of that friend asked me to call her about setting up a session. That friend of a friend wanted me to do headshots for the staff of the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel.
I did those on Tuesday. While there, I got to talking to the GM of the hotel. The GM of the hotel happened to have a friend working for another one of our Congressmen. Since we hadn't heard back from the representative for our own district, I threw caution to the wind and emailed him, asking for the contact info for the friend (of the GM of the hotel). He made a call.  This a.m., the Chief of Staff of the Congressmen that works with someone that's friends with the GM of the hotel called me. Our officer with USCIS also called me. It's done and WE ARE APPROVED!

Aaaand that Congressman and his Chief of Staff also believe they may be able to help later on in the game as well.

Hallelujah. Praise the Lord. Slap my knee and kiss my cousin, it is DONE.

Thank you, Jesus, for the Congressman and his Chief of Staff. Thank you, Jesus, for the GM of the hotel. Thank you, Jesus, for the friend of a friend and the friend. Thank you, Jesus, for Facebook.

We still have a lot of work ahead of us as soon as the golden ticket reaches our mailbox. We have more to get county certified and apostilled (can all be done in one day as soon as it's in our hands!) and then it will be on it's waaayy. Once it gets there, a whole new battle starts.

Oh, goodness. I can almost feel that little chipmunk in my arms. So close.

Thank you, friends, for being there. You all and your prayers are saving a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment