Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I already regret my pity party.

I'm not sure I should delete it, because I don't want to hide that part of me... and I don't want anyone to see my smile and wonder what about it is fake? I guess if you read that, you'll know. If you're on pinterest (and why wouldn't you be?!), you may have seen this sign:



That's it in a nutshell. So if you see my "fake" smile, don't assume it means I'm not being genuine. It's just that my muscles are being pulled in all different directions by my heart right now. 

2 comments:

  1. Please don't delete it. Honestly, I remember feeling so guilty at various points throughout our process and assuming something was wrong with me! I think it's worth leaving it up, even if it brings one other adoptive parent an ounce of comfort...knowing they aren't alone!

    (And now I'll quit stalking your posts!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't regret it and don't delete it! One day when you have Annie home you will want to remember what it took to get there. And then you will be glad you left it for the world!

    ReplyDelete