Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bits and pieces.

There is still a lot going on. Too much to determine what our new normal is going to look like. I keep waiting for the honeymoon to end. I am not intentionally trying to paint a rosey picture of what post-adoption life looks like. I'm grateful that it's been relatively painless for us, but I don't want you to think that either 1) it's always this easy or 2) I'm not being truly honest. I am.

I think a LOT has to do with the fact that AG is so young. Babies are so much more flexible. I'm sure a whole new life is confusing to her, but she isn't going to show that in the same way some of the older kids are. Also, again, her orphanage was so good to her. Having someone show her positive attention and LOVE, isn't that strange for her. I do think that's playing a huge role here.

Here are a few bits and pieces of her new life:


Sorry for the craptastic picture, but it was such a sweet moment! She started out sitting up, facing him. She was crying and crying and squirming and squirming (so tired!) and he would NOT let us take her. He just kept patting her back until she fell asleep and then held her for another 20 mins after that :)



Anna Gray went to the park for the first time! We're park people. It was a beautiful day and there was no way we were staying indoors! We had a picnic and played forever. I think she liked the swing? No strong reaction - again, SO tired- and then she fell asleep in the sling (that's SLING, not swing).



Apparently, she was fussing while I was in the shower so the kids brought her every stuffed animal they could find and then Layla recorded herself singing an "opera lullaby" on her DS and left it for her. It was very... um, pretty... and it played over and over and over until I got out lol :) It really was sweet of them though.

When we got home yesterday, there was a package on the backdoor from our sweet friends with a note that said "time to teach little sister who to root for!"

 Shirts for all four! GO VOLS!
Thank you D family, they love them!

One more thing:
I don't know what the grace period is on Thank You notes. Whatever it is, please double it ;)

5 comments:

  1. Love those Vols shirts!

    Kim
    TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I love these shirts!!!! Your children and you are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of, ahem, orange, but love the picture anyway! :) so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when you post pictures!

    I've heard 1 year for thank you notes...but I don't know if that has changed (it was related to weddings a few years ago)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been following along very long, but just wanted to tell you I think AG is just adorable and I'm not surprised she fits in so well with your family :). We brought our girl home just over a year ago and I don't often mention it (because I think people will roll their eyes at me) but she slid right in and we've had an awesome adjustment. She had some orphanage stuff that we all had to go through, but overall it's really been a cakewalk! We're very thankful she's here and it feels just right. Enjoy your honeymoon - it might just stick around longer than you think!

    ReplyDelete